Sunday, October 20, 2013

SCENT-SATIONAL!

I remember my mom being really into makeup!  Perfumes, nail polish, eyeshadow, lipstick, so on, and so on.  I also remember getting yelled at for foraging through her stash...and what a stash it was!  I blame her for having her own personal cosmetics counter on her dresser.

Of all her products, I think I loved the perfume the most.  She had the set of Ciara which included a shimmering lotion and dusting powder.  It is fair to say that she is the reason why I'm quite obsessed with scent.

I remember going to the mall; not to hang out, but to collect perfume samples from Macys' and Emporium Capwell.  That was when they gave you actual product and not those spray cards!

For my 16th birthday my mom gave me this vintage set of Liz Claiborne, except then it wasn't vintage!
At 19, she gave me my very
first bottle of Chanel no. 19.  I know that no. 5 is the most popular perfume in the world, but for me then and now it's all about 19!

                                                                                               
Although I would consider
No. 19 my signature scent, I'm really into Wings by Giorgio Armani.  Being the bargainista that I am, I was thrilled when I found a full bottle in the clearance bin at TJ Maxx in Alameda last winter.  I paid just ten dollars, and I'm still patting myself on he back.  Of course the packaging had been ripped and taped sloppily back together, but it didn't interfere with the smell!

What's your signature scent?

No comments:

Post a Comment